Manitoba - Young Drivers

Student Login | Subscribe/Sign In | e-Brochure | Facebook Twitter YouTube Young Drivers Blog Bookmark and Share | Print | Text Size + -


Make your selection:

MB - Manitoba

How To Get Your Learner's Permit (Class 7)

Bring proof of age (passport, certified birth certificate, certified baptismal certificate) and proof of identity (passport, Canadian Armed Forces identification card, federal, provincial, or municipal police force identification card, Indian Status Card).

Take a vision test and knowledge test of traffic laws, safe driving practices, and road sign knowledge. (This test will costs approximately $10 and is not an open-book test).

If you are under 18, you must have parental consent.

The Road Test

Arrive 15 minutes early for the test in a vehicle that's in good working condition, properly registered, and insured.

For $25, the examiner will test you on:

  • Driving situations and rules of the road, including starting, stopping, turning, passing vehicles, and land driving
  • Driving through controlled and uncontrolled intersections
  • Parallel parking and backing u
  • Anticipation of hazardous conditions
  • Other safe driving practices like driving the right speed and steering techniques

If you pass, you'll become a probationary driver that can drive anywhere, anytime.

At the end of the 12 month probationary period, you become a fully licensed driver.

Careers | Finland | Copyright | Privacy | Site Map | YD e-Learning | CogniFit | Co-driver Online